Introduction: Nowadays, the problem of high uric acid has attracted more and more attention. If high uric acid is not controlled as soon as possible, it will easily lead to gout. In severe cases, it may lead to various serious complications, which will bring great pain to the human body. If uric acid is found to be high, acid-lowering measures must be taken to control the level of uric acid. In terms of diet, people with high uric acid should reduce the intake of foods high in purines, reduce uric acid, and prevent gout attacks.Can gout sufferers eat tomatoes?
It is rumored that people with high uric acid should not eat tomatoes, because tomatoes will increase uric acid, is this claim credible? See what the doctor has to say.
What are the symptoms of high uric acid levels?
Some patients with hyperuricemia have no obvious symptoms, only the continuous or fluctuating increase in serum uric acid is called asymptomatic hyperuricemia, and some patients with hyperuricemia will develop acute gouty arthritis, which is the most common symptom of gout and also Most characteristically, this arthritis usually begins at midnight or early morning, the pain is often severe, and within a few hours, it causes joint swelling and thermal pain that can lead to joint dysfunction.
The most common sites are the unilateral toe and the first metatarsophalangeal joint. Arthralgia may be accompanied by fever. The treatment of acute gouty arthritis is not standardized, and it often develops into chronic arthritis. Tophi may form around the joints. It can lead to joint deformity and affect joint function. In addition, some patients will be complicated by gouty nephropathy and uric acid nephrolithiasis, which may lead to renal function damage, renal colic and hydronephrosis.
What are the causes of high uric acid levels?
1. High-purine diet: uric acid is metabolized into the body to produce uric acid. The increase in uric acid leads to an increase in blood uric acid concentration. Patients are required to eat a low-purine diet as much as possible, and avoid eating animal offal, beer, seafood, soy products, mushrooms, etc.
2. Sugar-sweetened beverages: Cola and other beverages contain fructose. After fructose enters the human body, the blood uric acid level of the patient increases, which directly leads to hyperuricemia.
3. Renal insufficiency: After uric acid is produced, it will be excreted by the kidneys. Patients with poor renal function may have hyperuricemia due to decreased uric acid excretion. At this time, it is necessary to evaluate the patient’s renal function. If the disease is related to renal function, it is necessary to control the patient’s hyperuricemia as much as possible to reduce renal damage.
Can gout sufferers eat tomatoes?
The cause of gout is that the metabolism of purine in the body is hindered, resulting in the inability of uric acid to be decomposed and excreted in time, and the accumulation is getting higher and higher. Some people think that tomatoes cannot be eaten because they think that the purine content of tomatoes will be high.
The purine content is not high, but still very low, but this food itself contains glutamic acid, which will stimulate me to accelerate the synthesis of purines, thereby increasing the concentration of uric acid, so not all low-purine foods can be eaten in large quantities, gout Patients should eat a lot of tomatoes, because tomatoes are low-purine vegetables.
Doctor: If you want to stabilize uric acid levels, 3 things or eat less
When we cook, we almost always add some seasonings. The consumption of chicken essence and oil is almost every household. When we cook soup or vegetables, we can make them delicious by putting them down, but what you don’t know is that what it does The purine content is very high. If you eat too much, it will not only burden the kidneys, but also be fatal to gout patients.
The seafood here includes deep-sea fish, shrimp, etc., which contain a large amount of purines. Whether they are eaten raw or cooked, they will not affect their purine content. If gout patients eat too much, it will definitely lead to excessive uric acid in the body and aggravate the attack of gout. Therefore, people with gout are not recommended to eat deep-sea fish, freshwater fish can be eaten, but it is better to eat as little as possible.
Peanut is known as “the king of nourishing the stomach”. It is rich in protein. People with bad stomach can eat more peanuts, but people with gout cannot because it also contains too much purine. Eating too much will only increase the purine value in the body. When uric acid goes up, gout will attack within ten minutes.
What are the treatments for hyperuricemia?
1. General treatment: control diet, limit alcohol consumption and high-purine foods, such as animal offal, some fish, oysters, beef and mutton, etc., and ensure to drink about 2000ml of water every day, and be careful with drugs that inhibit uric acid excretion and diuretics, avoid Predisposing factors, active treatment of related diseases.
2. For asymptomatic hyperuricemia, drug treatment is generally not required, and lifestyle adjustments should be made to reduce blood uric acid levels.
3. For people whose blood uric acid concentration is still > 475 umol/L after non-drug treatment such as diet control, or patients with obvious family history, even if there are no symptoms such as arthritis and tophi, uric acid-lowering drugs should be considered.
4. For patients with hyperuricemia, once acute arthritis occurs, corresponding treatment should be given. The main purpose is to quickly terminate the onset of arthritis. When acute arthritis occurs, stay in bed absolutely, lift the affected limb, and avoid the weight of the affected joint. , 72 hours after joint pain relief, pain gradually recovered, colchicine, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and glucocorticoids can be used to control pain, colchicine has a very good effect on acute gout attacks.
However, the therapeutic dose of the drug is very close to the toxic dose, so it must be taken strictly under the guidance of a professional doctor, and side effects should be closely observed. For patients with severe pain, codeine or pethidine may also be considered for pain relief, because uric acid-lowering drugs can induce acute Arthritis, acute gout is not recommended for use.
NOTE: If you have more problem then contact to your doctor, i am only provide knowledge for more information contact to your health doctor
Read more tips about health and fitness http://www.growmorehealth.com