Cancer is like a talisman for life. Once it is diagnosed, it seems that one foot has entered the gate of hell. It is often said in clinical practice that the best treatment for the disease is prevention.
In the prevention of cancer, food anti-cancer has been widely circulated, among which apples are very common, so the anti-cancer argument has been widely circulated.
But some people have doubts about this. Apple can be said to be a very cheap fruit. If it can really fight cancer, why are there so many cancer patients in the world.
It is not unreasonable for such doubts, so can Apple fight cancer? First, let’s start with the nutrition of apples.Is it true that apples can lower blood sugar and fight cancer?
- Apple is a “nutrient bank”, and 6 substances cannot be hidden
Apple is a very common fruit in life, which is rich in nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, flavonoids, polyphenols, organic acids and other nutrients. These nutrients have a great effect on the functioning and health of the body.
- Vitamins Vitamin is one of the essential nutrients for the human body. It has the effect of anti-oxidation and enhancing immunity. It can play a certain preventive role in cancer, iron deficiency anemia and scurvy. At the same time, it can also maintain human bone function and Integrity of cell membranes.
- Minerals The minerals contained in apples mainly include nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, etc. These minerals can help maintain the balance of water and electrolytes in the body and are important components to maintain the osmotic pressure of tissues in the body. It is also an important tissue part of the muscles and bones in the body.
- Dietary fiber The dietary fiber content in apples can reach 1.38~2.87%, which is relatively high compared to other fruits. After entering the body, dietary fiber can promote the peristalsis of the gastrointestinal tract, and has a good improvement effect for people with constipation. At the same time, dietary fiber also has the effect of preventing cancer, diarrhea and regulating blood sugar balance.
- Flavonoids The peel and pulp of apples are rich in flavonoids, of which the content in the peel is higher than that in the pulp.
- Polyphenols Polyphenol is also one of the elements contained in apples. It has anti-radiation, antioxidant and anti-aging effects. For women who love beauty, this substance is very important.
- Organic acids Apples are rich in a variety of organic acids, including succinic acid, citric acid, and malic acid. These organic acids can participate in the body’s metabolism after entering the body, and can play a certain role in anti-fatigue, liver and kidney protection.
- Apple can lower blood sugar and fight cancer? Research tells you the answer
“What about the apples again?”
“Yeah, apples can lower blood sugar and fight cancer. It’s a good thing.”
On the way to buy vegetables, Aunt saw Aunt eating apples again.
The two aunts have only become neighbors in the past two years. When they meet in the morning, they often see Aunt eating apples. After inquiries, I learned that Aunt has developed the habit of an apple a day since she was very young, and has persisted for decades. Until now, Aunt looks much younger than her peers, and her physical indicators are also very healthy. But Aunt was diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago. After getting to know Aunt , Aunt couldn’t help but wonder if her diabetes was caused by not eating apples? Can a small apple have such a big effect?
In this regard, researchers at Harvard University in the United States have conducted a special study. The study selected 200,000 people without diabetes and followed up for an average of 24 years. During the follow-up period, a total of 12,600 people were diagnosed with diabetes. After analyzing the dietary habits of the subjects, the researchers found that those who ate at least 5 apples a week had a 23% lower risk of developing diabetes than those who never ate apples.
In addition, researchers also found that apples are rich in elements such as dietary fiber and vitamin C, which can produce some compounds that are beneficial to cells after entering the body. In addition, apples are also rich in anthocyanins and triesters, which have great health benefits and can reduce the risk of colorectal cancer, oral cancer, and lung cancer to a certain extent.
- Eat apples without peeling, health crisis will come at any time?
There are many health benefits of eating apples, but there are many rumors about apples in life. In the early days, it was common to see videos on the Internet of some apple peels scraped off a layer of wax. This makes many people have a shadow on the apple peel, and they choose to peel the apple when they eat it every day, so as to avoid some hidden dangers to health. In fact, there are actually three kinds of waxes on apples: one is the fruit wax that comes with the apple itself, which can prevent the invasion of external microorganisms; the second is the wax that exists on some high-end apples, these waxes are artificial added. The main ingredient is chitosan, which is an edible substance. The purpose of adding it is to ensure the freshness of apples. The third type of wax is the most feared wax – industrial wax. Some bad vendors want to make apples look good. It looks better in color, and some industrial wax will be applied to the surface of the apple. Accidental intake of industrial wax may have some adverse effects on health. The first two waxes do not pose health risks, so there is no need to worry too much. The real thing to be vigilant about is the third type of wax. If you want to remove the wax on apples every day, you can choose to scrub with salt. The particles of table salt are smaller, and it can play a role of thorough cleaning when scrubbing the surface of the apple, so that the surface of the apple will no longer be left with wax.
- Don’t just eat apples dry, it’s more beneficial to eat like this
Most people eat apples directly in their daily life. In fact, they can also try to eat apples baked or cooked. Baked apples contain 9 times more pectin activity than raw apples. This substance has a strong inhibitory effect on cholesterol and neutral lipogenesis. It is very suitable for some people with high blood lipids. The polyphenol antioxidants contained in cooked apples will increase significantly, which can play a strong role in scavenging free radicals and delaying aging. Although apple is a very common fruit in our life, but it brings a lot of benefits to the body. It is recommended that you eat more apples in your life!
Read more tips about health and fitness http://www.growmorehealth.com