Wasting malnutrition is a common problem that exists in many children. There are two main reasons for wasting malnutrition. They are improper feeding and disease factors. As long as the child’s malnutrition is changed in time, it can be improved. , so that the height and weight of the child will be similar to that of children of the same age.
Some parents find that their children are very thin and small compared to children of the same age. They can’t help but have some concerns in their hearts, so they take their children to the hospital for examination, and they are finally told by the doctor that it is wasting malnutrition. The following article Please ask the authoritative person in nutrition to analyze the symptoms and common causes of wasting malnutrition for everyone.how long does it take to recover from malnutrition
Symptoms of wasting malnutrition:
- Significant weight loss: The weight of emaciated malnourished people will drop significantly. The fat in the body has basically been consumed. Without fat to support the skin, the skin looks very loose, and the growth and development of children cannot keep up. In some severe cases, the child’s growth and development may even be completely stagnant.
- Collapsed cheeks: Since all the subcutaneous fat in the body is consumed, the cheeks will collapse and the cheekbones will be exposed, giving people a skinny feeling, which is obviously not normal and should be treated as soon as possible.
- The mental state is very poor: the patients with wasting malnutrition feel powerless all over, they are not interested in doing anything, they are reticent every day, and do not want to talk to anyone.
- Digestive disorders: Dehydration and acidosis are more likely to occur.
- Low immune function: People with wasting malnutrition must have very poor immunity, so they are prone to infections, especially respiratory infections. At the most dangerous time, respiratory failure will endanger life.
Causes of wasting malnutrition:
- Feeding factors: Infants and young children grow and develop very rapidly, and sufficient nutrients must be supplied in time. Some mothers may not have enough breast milk or the concentration of artificial feeding milk is too low, which will cause their children’s nutrition to be unsatisfied. and eventually become malnourished.
- Disease factors: If the child has congenital cleft lip and palate, it will directly affect the feeding of milk, and the nutrition will naturally be unable to keep up; diarrhea or gastroenteritis require long-term dietary restriction, which will also affect the nutritional intake.
The symptoms and common causes of wasting malnutrition have been explained very clearly above. I hope that parents can find out the cause as soon as possible after finding out that their child is wasting malnutrition, and actively treat the primary disease if it is caused by the disease. It is caused by the improper feeding method, and the feeding method should be changed immediately.
Read more tips about health and fitness http://www.growmorehealth.com