Generally, when you find an experienced old medicine practitioner to perform acupuncture on yourself, the chance of nerve damage is very small, and the nerve will not be damaged. However, when an inexperienced doctor does acupuncture for himself, the nerve may be damaged due to improper operation, and the nerve may be damaged in severe cases.Will regular acupuncture damage nerves?
Moderate acupuncture can relax tendons and activate collaterals and promote blood circulation. This TCM therapy has a certain therapeutic effect on many intractable diseases, so more and more people choose acupuncture to treat diseases. But some people have some concerns when choosing acupuncture treatment. For example, they are afraid that the doctor will damage their nerves due to improper operation. So, will acupuncture damage the nerves?
1.Will acupuncture damage nerves?
If you find an experienced Chinese medicine practitioner to perform acupuncture on yourself, they recognize the acupuncture points very accurately, and pay special attention to the depth of insertion, so the probability of nerve damage is very small, and there will be no nerve damage. But if you let an inexperienced doctor give yourself acupuncture, you may accidentally stimulate the nerve during acupuncture, causing nerve damage, and in severe cases, the nerve may be damaged.
2.Symptoms of nerve damage during acupuncture
Soreness, numbness, swelling and pain: If the nerve is pierced during acupuncture, you will feel the soreness, numbness, swelling and pain similar to electric shock. If this symptom is relatively mild, it can be relieved by resting for a few days.
- Muscle atrophy: If the nerve damage is serious, in addition to making the patient feel sore, numb, and painful, if not treated in time, it may also cause muscle atrophy, which may lead to paralysis in severe cases.
- What to do if acupuncture damages the nerves
- Relax your mind: If the nerve damage is not particularly serious, the patient should pay attention to rest more, and at the same time pay attention to relax and not put too much pressure on themselves, so that the nerve can be repaired as soon as possible.
- Taking drugs that nourish nerves: When acupuncture causes serious nerve damage, some drugs that nourish nerves, such as methylcobalamin, vitamin b1, dioctaazole, etc., can also be used under the guidance of a doctor, which can promote the damage of nerves as soon as possible. Recovery, if necessary, glucocorticoids can also be used to protect nerves.
- Surgical treatment: If the nerve damage caused by acupuncture and moxibustion is particularly serious, surgical treatment can be selected. First, the location of nerve damage can be determined by imaging, and then surgical treatment is performed on the injured site. After surgery, it is necessary to apply nerve nourishing drugs for consolidation treatment. , to avoid the adverse effects of nerve damage.
Read more tips about health and fitness http://www.growmorehealth.com