In the big family of B vitamins, vitamin B6 is an important member, and its important role is reflected in various aspects. Vitamin B6 will affect mood, appetite, sleep and even thinking, the conversion of food into energy, the metabolism of amino acids, The production of blood cells, etc., is also inseparable from vitamin B6. Although the risk of vitamin B6 deficiency in the body is not low if a healthy diet can be ensured, if there is a deficiency problem, it may bring various such health problems. In today’s popular science article, I will talk to you about the knowledge of vitamin B6.There are 5 kinds of abnormalities in the body or lack of vitamin B6
There are 5 kinds of abnormal symptoms in the body, all of which may be caused by a lack of vitamin B6
Many friends want to know what are the obvious symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency. Today, I will share a few with you——
- The body is tired and pale. Severe lack of vitamin B6 will affect the synthesis of red blood cells in the blood, which will lead to anemia. The typical symptoms of anemia are weakness, paleness, etc. Of course, there are many reasons for anemia, such as iron deficiency, folic acid deficiency, vitamin B12 and other nutrients , can also lead to anemia problems.
- Rash and chapped lips. Lack of vitamin B6 can also affect skin health. This rash is common on the face and is characterized by scaly and itching. It is also called seborrheic dermatitis. If treatment is not actively adjusted, the symptoms will become more and more obvious. In addition to the skin, lack of Vitamin B6 may also cause problems such as chapped lips, ulcers at the corners of the mouth, and glossitis.
- Weak immunity, easy to catch cold. Lack of vitamin B6 will affect the body’s immunity, and diseases such as infection and inflammation will further deplete the body’s vitamin B6. Therefore, if not actively adjusted, vitamin B6 deficiency and weakened immunity will form a vicious circle. Reasonable supplementation of vitamin B6, is very important.
- Numbness of hands and feet. If you often experience tingling in your fingers and numbness in your feet, this may be a sign of peripheral neuropathy. This condition is common in diabetic patients with a long course of disease, but lack of B vitamins, including vitamin B6, vitamin B12, etc., will also deprive the nervous system of necessary nutrients, which in turn leads to peripheral neuropathy problems.
- Anxiety and depression, poor memory. Lack of vitamin B6 will also affect the health of our central nervous system, especially in the elderly after stroke, hip fracture and other major diseases, if the body lacks vitamin B6, it will be more prone to depression, vitamin B6 and other B vitamins have Synergistically, memory can also be affected if the body is deficient in B vitamins.
It should be understood that the above-mentioned abnormalities or symptoms are all related symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency that may persist, but they are not specific symptoms caused by vitamin B6 deficiency, lack of other nutrients, or the impact of certain diseases in the body. , it may also cause the above problems. Therefore, in addition to looking at the symptoms, it should be determined in combination with medical test indicators. Pyridoxal 5-phosphate is the active form of vitamin B6 in the body. To assess whether the body lacks vitamin B6, you can check the plasma Pyridoxal-5-phosphate levels were determined.
4 groups of people are more likely to be deficient in vitamin B6
The danger of vitamin B6 deficiency is not just the above symptoms or health problems. Vitamin B6 is an important coenzyme that promotes the further metabolism of homocysteine. Lack of vitamin B6 is also one of the important reasons for the increase of homocysteine. First, elevated homocysteine will lead to an increased risk of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases; in addition, related studies have also found that lack of vitamin B6 in the body will increase the risk of gastric cancer, esophageal cancer, and hormone-related cancers (such as breast cancer, prostate cancer) increased risk.
Which groups of people should pay more attention to vitamin B6 supplementation? The following three groups of people are worthy of attention-
People with impaired renal function. Especially in patients with end-stage renal disease and chronic renal insufficiency, impaired renal function will increase the clearance rate of vitamin B6. Therefore, patients with renal disease should pay more attention to the risk of vitamin B6 deficiency.
People with autoimmune diseases. People with rheumatoid arthritis have a higher chance of being deficient in vitamin B6, and vitamin B6 levels are also lower with the severity of the disease, and autoimmune diseases other than rheumatoid arthritis also increase The body’s consumption of vitamin B6 leads to the problem of vitamin B6 deficiency.
People with intestinal diseases. Patients with celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease and other problems are also at high risk of vitamin B6 deficiency because the intestinal absorption capacity of vitamin B6 is reduced.
long-term alcoholics. Alcohol dependence caused by long-term alcohol abuse, the acetaldehyde, the edici product of alcohol, will reduce the production of active metabolites of vitamin B6, and will also form a competitive protein binding with pyridoxal 5-phosphate, making it easier for vitamin B6 in cells. be hydrolyzed.
Reasonable vitamin B6 supplementation is very important
Vitamin B6 is a B vitamin that is very important to the human body. Is it necessary to take supplements to supplement it? In fact, many foods are rich in vitamin B6. Lean meat, seafood, beans, whole grains, dairy products, and many vegetables and fruits rich in high-quality protein are rich in vitamin B6. Men over the age of 50 consume it every day. The amount of 1.7mg, women’s daily intake of 1.5mg can meet the daily physical needs, therefore, if there is no absorption or metabolism problems friends, through a reasonable arrangement of dietary nutrition, a balanced diet, through the diet to supplement sufficient vitamin B6 , it can be done completely.
It should be noted that when supplementing vitamin B6, vitamin B2 is an important “assistant” to promote the active transformation of vitamin B6 in the body. Therefore, while supplementing vitamin B6, we should also pay attention to the reasonable supplement of vitamin B2. Vitamin B2 is found in various grains, beans Nuts are rich in nuts, and a reasonable diet can usually obtain adequate supplements.
If you are a friend who needs to use supplements, you can supplement it by oral or injection administration. For those with intestinal absorption disorders, the injection administration method is preferred, regardless of whether it is oral or injection administration, you should pay attention to the appropriate amount Supplementation, long-term excessive supplementation should be avoided. Long-term excessive supplementation of vitamin B6 may cause pain, skin lesions; photosensitivity; and gastrointestinal symptoms, such as nausea and heartburn, all deserve special attention.
Read more tips about health and fitness http://www.growmorehealth.com