Chocolate is a kind of food that we are all familiar with, and now that the Qixi Festival is approaching, many people will buy chocolate to give to their favorite people, so we need to understand the function and efficacy of chocolate? Nutritional value of chocolate?What percentage of dark chocolate is healthy
The role and efficacy of chocolate
Chocolate is the fat separated from cocoa, also known as cocoa butter. Men who ate no more than 30 calories of dark chocolate a day reduced their blood pressure by an average of 2.9 mmHg after 18 weeks. Chocolate has a very good effect on concentration, enhancing medical treatment, etc., so when you use your brain a lot or need to concentrate in a short time, you can eat some chocolate to help yourself.
The sweet smell of chocolate can reduce the chance of catching a cold. Theobromine contained in chocolate is good for nervous system health and is better than common cold medicine for cough relief. Eating some chocolate properly can play a role in controlling cholesterol and maintaining the elasticity of capillaries, especially for those patients with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, eating some chocolate properly can play a role in adjuvant therapy.
Nutritional value of chocolate
1. Eating chocolate helps to control the content of cholesterol, can ensure the elasticity of capillaries, and also prevent cardiovascular diseases. Chocolate contains tea acid, which can enhance immunity and prevent cancer.
2. It can delay aging. Some substances in chocolate can resist oxidation, so for female friends, eating chocolate regularly can help the body to delay aging.
3. Chocolate is rich in carbohydrates, as well as protein, fat and various minerals, which are easily absorbed by the human body after eating it. It is beneficial to eat chocolate before an exam or before labor, especially When pregnant women are in labor, eating chocolate can make the uterus open wider and help pregnant women give birth smoothly.
4. Certain substances in chocolate can enhance the memory of the human brain, and can also focus on concentration.
5. Chocolate can relieve mental stress and eliminate some nervous emotions. For people who are often under pressure, it is very easy to have mental problems, or the mood swings are relatively large. After eating chocolate, this emotion can be effectively relieved. Certain substances in chocolate can produce a good mood in the brain, so chocolate can play a role in soothing emotions.
Side effects of chocolate
Chocolate can first provide energy for the body, and can play a role in relieving fatigue by providing energy. Some ingredients in chocolate, such as long-chain fatty acids and lipopolysaccharides, can exert positive effects and effects on the nervous system. However, the fat content in chocolate is relatively high, which can lead to obesity and discomfort such as diarrhea, stomach pain, and bloating.
Chocolate can reduce the loss of water in the intestines and relieve the symptoms of diarrhea and dehydration; it contains sugar and various minerals, which can quickly replenish physical strength and energy for the human body, making people energetic; but eating too much chocolate will corrode teeth, cause tooth decay.
Calories in chocolate
Each 100 grams of chocolate contains 586 calories, and a small piece of chocolate of about 5 grams contains 29 calories. It takes us 20 minutes of walking to consume these calories. Chocolate is very high in calories, which is higher than many of the high-calorie foods we usually eat. Many well-known high-calorie foods, french fries, are a little less calorie than chocolate.
So chocolate should be considered a high-calorie food. You should be careful when eating. Chocolate is made from cocoa beans, and the calories of cocoa beans are not very high, but we need to know that when chocolate manufacturers make chocolate, in order to make the chocolate taste better, they will add a lot of ingredients to it. , These ingredients are the source of our eating chocolate to gain weight.What percentage of dark chocolate is healthy
Read more tips about health and fitness http://www.growmorehealth.com