Many patients with viral myocarditis were sent to the hospital in the morning, suffered severe heart failure in the afternoon, and died that night after ineffective rescue. This rapid onset of myocarditis is called “fulminant myocarditis”, and the development of the disease is often unexpected and difficult to control.What should patients with heart failure pay attention
However, with prompt and appropriate treatment, the condition of most patients can be stabilized within a few weeks to a few months. However, in some of these patients, the heart is damaged by pathogenic factors, and in the process of self-repair, scarring will be left on the myocardium, making the tissue stiff. This will not only affect the contractility of the heart, but also lead to abnormal nerve conduction, resulting in sequelae such as cardiac enlargement, cardiac hypofunction, and arrhythmia. This effect will linger for the patient’s life, and improper treatment can also increase the risk of chronic heart failure.
Preventive measures for chronic heart failure
1. Eliminate predisposing factors
Control infection, treat arrhythmias, especially atrial fibrillation, and rapid ventricular rate; correct anemia and electrolyte imbalance; pay attention to whether it is complicated by pulmonary embolism
2. Improve your lifestyle
Reduce the risk of new heart damage, such as quitting smoking and drinking, and obese patients should lose weight. Control high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. The diet should be low in fat and low in salt. Patients with severe chronic heart failure should limit water intake, weigh themselves daily, and detect fluid retention early. Dynamic exercise should be encouraged in patients with chronic heart failure to avoid maladaptive states
3. Closely observe the evolution of the disease and follow up regularly
The patient’s compliance with diet and drug treatment, adverse drug reactions, etc. should be understood, and timely measures should be taken when the condition deteriorates. The treatment of chronic heart failure depends on the cooperation of patients, which helps to improve the compliance of treatment.
What should patients pay attention to?
1. Understand the purpose and goals of treatment, follow up regularly, and take medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
2. Understand the basic knowledge of heart failure, and seek medical attention in time when the following conditions occur: rapid weight gain, recurrence or aggravation of lower extremity edema, aggravation of fatigue, decreased exercise tolerance, rapid or slow heart rate, decreased or increased blood pressure, arrhythmia, etc. .
3. Master the usage of basic drugs, including diuretics, and adjust the dose according to the condition.
4. Measure and record the body weight every day, limit salt and water, and avoid stressful states such as overwork and physical activity, emotional agitation and mental tension. Appropriate exercise, walk 30 minutes a day, adhere to 5 to 6 days a week, and gradually increase the amount. Avoid various infections, prohibit drug abuse, etc.
NOTE:If you have more problem then contact to your doctor, i am only provide knowledge for medical information
Read more tips about health and fitness http://www.growmorehealth.com